Turning your home into a Smart Home is not easy. The technology doesn’t yet integrate a 360º solution efficient enough, but here we leave the best gadgets for you to start making your home smarter and smarter.
The future of our homes lies in making them more efficient. Either by implementing standards such as Passivhaus or passive houses or by adopting new technologies that help us to have greater control. The combination of both will lead to intelligent houses with minimal energy consumption.
Sounds good, doesn’t it? Having a smart home and a very low electricity bill is an achievable dream.
However, the technology of the smartphone is still in its infancy. It is diversified and although there are many things we can do, there is still a long way to go.
So what can we do to turn our home into a smart home? We collect the most useful gadgets for you.
“You’re going to leave the house, you’re cloudy, should I take an umbrella?
A quick question about the weather and your home helper tells you what the weather forecast is. Having a smart home is easy with the tools offered by Amazon, Apple or Google. Here are the 12 best options for turning your home into a smart home.
1. Echo & Alexa of Amazon. The Echo device and speaker together with the Alexa Voice Assistant form an interesting combination to make the home more intelligent. Although it’s still a bit limited at the moment, we can integrate Alexa with intelligent products and order you to turn on lights (Hue by Philips), open windows, etc. Also with their skills, we can access a lot of useful information and organize our day today.
2. Google Home. In the case of the Google Assistant and the Google Home, we still have to wait for it to arrive in Spain, but it promises to be similar to Amazon’s Echo, a smart speaker, and the device that we can ask to control the house.
3. Apple Home Kit & Siri. In fact, Home Kit is an app that brings together all of Apple’s home automation products. However, the investment to have them all is high. However, if you choose this option, you can control doors, windows, temperature, lights, fans, bells, cameras, etc. from a mobile device, and even just use your voice, addressing Siri.
As you may already know, controlling the temperature of your home is important if you want to control consumption at home. More and more digital thermostats are becoming more sophisticated and useful. They are, without a doubt, an essential part of a smart home.
4. Nest Smart Thermostat. This is an intelligent thermostat that learns from your habits to regulate the temperature of your home according to your tastes. After the first week of learning, Nest lights up so that you can have breakfast at the temperature you like and save money by lowering it when it detects that there is no one in the house. It is certainly a great investment, especially for those who do not have thermostats or have a manual one. A great option for savings and automation.
5. Ecobee3 Smart WiFi Thermostat. This intelligent thermostat allows us to control the temperature and consumption in the air conditioning of the house. We can control it from an app thanks to the fact that it connects to the Wifi of our house. Although it does not learn from our habits, it is easily programmable. In addition, the third generation version works with Amazon Alexa, and also with the Apple Kit. A good combination if you want to equip your home as a Smart home.